Welcome to BIInsight.
My name is Soheil. I started working in IT industry from late 90s. During my journey, I’ve done lots of different interesting IT projects. From programming with Delphi 5 and 6, Paradox database, SQL server 7, to creating beautiful and flashy dashboards in Tableau software and Power BI. In the beginning I’ve done several projects involved with Delphi, SQL Server 7, SQL Server 2000. My first experience with SQL Server Analysis Services was in 2004 when I designed a database for a cost control project and a colleague asked me to create something like an Excel pivot table. The database was designed in SQL Server 2000 and I was thinking of writing a T-SQL codes to meet the requirements. I searched a lot around this and finally I found the answer which was Analysis Services. Fantastic!
After that I got involved with Microsoft BI stack gradually. Like when I needed to integrate tons of flat files and put them all together in a SQL Server database. DTS 2005 was the magical solution. Yeaay!
As a senior Business Intelligence Consultant I have concrete experience in the following areas:
- Conferring with clients to identify their requirements, conducting business intelligence best practices and providing professional consultancy on business intelligence systems strategies, policy, management and security
- Design, develop, integrate and implement business intelligence solutions including:
- Relational database design and implementation in SQL Server
- Designing and implementing data warehouses (Kimball approach)
- ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Power Query
- Business Intelligence Semantic Model (BISM) tabular and multidimensional models using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and PowerPivot
- Data visualisation and data analytics using SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, Power View, Power Map, SharePoint Performance Point and Tableau Software
- Data visualisation with Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service
- Providing professional consultancy for Cloud BI based on Microsoft Azure technologies
I learnt a lot from the internet so I’m willing to share my knowledge and I hope I can help somebody somewhere.